Spring organizing and cleaning go hand in hand – Let us help you today, we will make this quick and easy!
Clutter: Follow this easy organizing principle. Gather four boxes and go room by room. Fill them as follows:
- Throw away – anything that you don’t need or want. If you have things that are damaged or broken, toss them!
- Give away, donate, or sell – anything that you don’t love. If all these objects are doing is taking up space in your home, let someone have them who will really enjoy them.
- Put in storage – things that you do not use or need on a regular basis, but which you can’t bear to part with. Store these items in labeled boxes to be easily found when needed.
- Keep – any essentials that you need to have available. Be honest!
De-Junk Your Junk Drawer: Every house has one and most times it is despised!
- Use clear, labeled boxes to separate and organize necessities such as; rubber bands, pencils, glue and pens/pencils
- A utensil organizer can neatly display writing material, and stationery
- Store any unused gift cards, coupons, certificates, free passes and vouchers in a box to easily find
- Remove any “junk” not being used. Ex, old business cards, receipts or keys
Closet Cleaning: divide and conquer! Breaking up this task into small projects will insure you best results.
- Group “like” objects together; all tank tops, capri pants, workout gear, long sleeves, jeans etc. You may also choose to group items by season
- Start by turning all hangers “backward” on the rod. Once you wear an article of clothing, turn the hanger around. At the end of the year, you will know what you didn’t wear – get rid of it!
- Accessories; use clear shoe boxes to store hair accessories, scarves, belts and ties. Small bins can also be used to store tank tops and shorts. A quick picture pasted on the outside will allow you to quickly see what is stored inside.